Passaic County DYFS Lawyers
New Jersey's Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P)
Our Passaic County DYFS Lawyers will fight for you! DYFS is a powerful organization that can ruin your life. Our Paterson DYFS lawyers are ready to protect you and your family. A small incident or a simple misunderstanding can be blown out of proportion and lock you "into the system". Your best chance of success may depend on the attorney you choose and how soon you hire one. Waiting could cost you everything. At the law offices of Jef Henninger, Esq. our team of tough, smart Passaic County DYFS attorneys know how to protect you and your children. Call us the second you hear from DYFS to speak with one of our lawyers.
Passaic County Child Abuse Attorneys
Most people know that anything said to the police can be used against them. But did you know the same thing applies to DYFS? If DYFS contacts you in any way, call the Passaic County DYFS attorneys right away. Statements made to DYFS are often forwarded to law enforcement and they can be used to convict you. Our Paterson DYFS lawyers have a long track record of dealing with DYFS to not only shut down their investigation but to also shut down the prosecution before it has a chance to get going. If you want to retain custody of your children and stay out of prison, call the team of tough, smart Passaic County DYFS attorneys that will protect you and your family.
* DYFS Lawyers Hawthorne NJ 07560
* DYFS Lawyers Pompton Lakes NJ 07442
* DYFS Lawyers Ringwood NJ 07456
* DYFS Lawyers Totowa NJ 07511
* DYFS Lawyers Wanaque NJ 07465
* DYFS Lawyers Clifton NJ 07013
* DYFS Lawyers Passaic NJ 07055
* DYFS Lawyers Paterson NJ 07505
* DYFS Lawyers West Milford NJ 07480
* DYFS Lawyers Wayne NJ 07470
The Passaic County DYFS Process
- This is where the problem starts, the filing of an abuse or child neglect case when DYFS gets a call or tip and now has reason to believes you have neglected or even abused your child. DYFS is usually contacted by a school, a church members, hospital, friend or even a family member about the possible problem.
- DYFS now must file a complaint in court. In perceived emergency situations your child may have already been removed from your custody.
- A preliminary hearing will be scheduled for a judge to decide whether or not DYFS has presented adequate reason for them to continue its case against you. This is where DYFS presents their case for foster care, child removal or regular DYFS home visits for checking in on the family situation.
- If the case against you is on going there will be a need for review hearings. This give the judge on the case an opportunity to be updated on the situation from both sides. This may be done as needed or on a regular basis.
- At the fact finding hearing DYFS will present whatever evidence it has that the complaint against you is valid and whatever actions it has taken should remain in effect. You will have the opportunity to present your side of the case. Your best chance for rescinding an DYFS actions require an aggressive and experienced DYFS Attorney.
- If the judge on the case finds that you neglected or abused your child then a Dispositional Hearing will decide what happens next in your case.
- In sever cases a Permanency Hearing will be scheduled to decide whether your child will can be returned to your home or if foster placement will be permanent.
Call us day or night 24/7 at 855-953-3529
Free initial consultation. All major credit cards accepted.
The Law Offices of Jef Henninger represents clients throughout Passaic County, New Jersey including: Bloomingdale, Clifton, Haledon, Hawthorne, Hewitt, Little Falls, North Haledon, Packanack Lake, Passaic, Paterson, Pines Lake, Newfoundland, Oak Ridge, Pompton Lakes, Preakness, Prospect Park, Ringwood, Totowa, Wanaque, West Milford and Woodland Park. *By Appointment Only.